Hi buddies this s Alex from Erode,TN:) I would like 2 share my crucial phase of life with U specially 4 those who r confused to decide which road 2 take ahead!! Guyz boreds of reading success stories can skip this if u wish while others who wanna join my happiness pls go ahead:) I finished my B.Sc in 2008 n my MBA in 2010!! Being an average student I couldn’t get placed in campus interviews:( By god’s grace started up my HR career in a private organization but wasn’t satisfied. Side by side I was writing bank exams too but not sincerely.. My dad encouraged me 2 take coaching classes n even advised 2 quit d job n prepare well.. But I did neither of them:( Days passed on n finally I resigned my job in july 2013 n gave up exams on my own prep. Followed by a couple of failures found myself little happy when I cleared ibps clerk III but just 1 mark above cut off:(
Later in January 2014 joined a coaching centre n started preparing seriously but again failures followed.. Wherever I went everyone asked me wat r u doing?? Still haven’t got job even after 4 years?? I somehow managed them but felt very bad when my parents were asked d same ques bit even more harshly:( At one point of time I felt very frustrated n told my tutor: Sir,This s not my cup of coffee.. Im not talented for this.. shall I quit?? And still I remember his words!!! He said “If u think u hav given up ur utmost effort n hardwork and not qualified, then quit.. Hav u given ur full effort for d exam??” I wasn’t able 2 say anything.. I decided Not 2 give up n struggle harder.. My tutor was like a good friend 2 me, helped me in each n everything!! Meanwhile I came 2 know Bankers Adda thru him n started reading their capsules.. Really they helped me a lot in exams as im very weak in GK.. Thanxs a lot BA team specially shruti mam:) And great hats off 2 our quiz masters specially!! And in d course of dayz my father(being advised by his banker frnd) insisted me 2 join another popular centre here in TN.. So again 4 their happiness studied there few months:)
And finally exam season got over n d long waited April fools day came!! Thank god ibps dint fool me this year n after years of struggle finally I got selected for both PO as well as Clerk in CANARA BANK itself, my first preference!!! Thanxs a lot Deepan sir(my tutor)!!! U made my day!! And my happiness doubled as he too got placed in IOB as PO!! Both of us gonna start our banking career together this year.. Guyzz believe me I have given more than 30 exams I guess(Truly speaking forgot d count itself) exams n finally I tasted my success this time!! If a person like me s able 2 do it then why can’t u?? I chose TO STAND BACK UP on tat day else I wouldn’t b here today!! So frndz pls don worry abt d past failures n NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!! Its just 1 phase of life n pls do remember d other phase s still waiting 4 u :-) Go on for it.. U will make it very soon!!
Exams cleared :
- SBI Clerk : Written-110, Interview-31, Lost d final by 10 Marks
- IBPS PO : written-102,Interview-50,Final-50.80
- IBPS Clerk : Written-141,Interview-70,Final-70.40
- IBPS RRB Clerk :Written-170 (Dint attend any interview)
- NIACL Assistant (Decided 2 skip d interview)
Few words 4 my fellow aspirants:
1. Luckily if ur exams r not on d 1st batch analyze d previous batch questions well n find d pattern asked. Based on ur strong points prepare a plan of d ques u r gonna attempt in every section which will help u score more n easily..
2. Just consider d time allotted as only 110 mins n take up d exam by allotting this time accordingly 4 every sec as u wish.. This buffer 10 mins u can use at last 4 whichever sec u wish n might even help u 2 compensate time if u had spent a few mins more than d allotted time in any sect..
3. Always aim n score high in written as much as possible becoz if u hav gud marks in exam then no need 2 worry abt d interview.. And more importantly maintain accuracy which comes 1ly by practice!!
4. In some centres they provide 1ly limited rough sheets so u can always take an extra copy of ur hall ticket n id proof wit u n use them if needed.. Few even write short cuts,squares,cubes,etc.. in exam hall b4 exam begins.. Talented fellows!! Dunno whether every1 can do it r not:)
5. At any point of time don’t give up during d exam.. D exam mighty b tough not 1ly 4 u but every1.. Just give ur best n rest s with god’s hands
6. GK : Always take part in d quiz posted by our quiz masters in d comment sec atleast as a silent observer.. I learnt most of my GK there 1ly.. And once again spl thanxs 2 all quiz masters:) As d next season begin only after august better b thorough wit d mandate ques like capital,currency,days,minister, Abbreviations,etc..
7. QUANS : If u r weak in maths pls practice 15 min everyday atleast numerical. Try attending d number series, simplification,DI probs in d exam.. U can easily clear quans cut off if u attend this alone well!!
8. REASONING : Just go on 4 d easily score ques first like Inequality,Syllogisms,CodingDecoding, Directions,Input-Output(if u r capable).. As said earlier u can d complexity from previous exam reviews obviously..
9. ENGLISH: Dunno wat 2 say 4 english.. Reading newspapers, participating in eng quizzes posted n practicing prev papers will help a lot I guess..
10. COMPUTERS : Since most of u r Engineering graduates every1 will b already well versed in computers,so there s nothing 4 me 2 tell:)
Sorry 4 making it too lengthy but hope it helps someone!! Will b very happy even if one decides Not 2 give up n stand back up after reading this:-) Thank u all specially my cute BA frnds like Luckyme, Mr.Saragada, Julian,Sriram,Soujuu,wit dreams, etc.. who were wit me in my tough timesJ Thanxs 4 spending ur precious time reading this!!! All d very best everyone!!!